Kalari Marma Massage
What is Kalari Marma Massage?
Kalari Marma Massage is a practical manual therapy using specialised massage techniques with Kalari herbal oil. Herbal poultices (marma kizhi), marma applications and herbal steam therapy are also used to enhance the treatment.
Kalari Marma Massage is a form of massage in the Kalari Chikitsa system. Originating in Kerala in South India, Kalari Chikitsa is an ancient system of musculoskeletal treatments developed to benefit the warriors of Kalaripayattu.
Kalari Marma Massage was traditionally used by the Kalaripayattu warriors to treat and prevent their training and combat-related injuries. It was also used to treat the conditions that affected their ability to perform the martial art.
The techniques that were used to treat the ancient warriors, help a wider range of people today. Kalari Marma Massage is a highly effective form of treatment for injuries, chronic pain and movement dysfunctions.
- Sports injuries including martial arts, dance and yoga
- Musculoskeletal injuries and imbalances
- Acute and chronic pain
- Muscle and joint pain and stiffness
- Back, neck, shoulder and knee pain
- Frozen shoulder
- Plantar fasciitis
- Repetitive strain injuries
- Relieves pain, stiffness, muscle spasms and deep-seated tension.
- Strengthens and rejuvenates joints, muscles and soft tissue.
- Increases flexibility and range of motion.
- Counteracts rigidity of the joints and muscles.
- Promotes circulation.
- Reduces the chance of injury.
- Helps prevent a minor injury from becoming a chronic problem.
Method for Kalari Marma Massage
Massage with Kalari herbal oils
Herbal Steam Therapy
Who gives the Kalari Marma Massage?
Price for Kalari Marma Massage
More about Kalari Chikitsa
Marma in Kalari Chikitsa
Kalari Chikitsa as a sports medicine
Kalari Ayurveda Centre uses the traditional Indian healing systems of Ayurveda and Kalari Chikitsa to effectively treat your aches, pains and injuries.