Pizhichil(Ayurvedic Oil Bath)
What is Pizhichil?
Pizhichil means ‘to squeeze’ in Malayalam (the language of Kerala in South India). During Pizhichil, warm herbal oil is squeezed over the body in a constant rhythmic stream. The oil is lightly massaged into the body throughout the treatment. When the oil is applied over the body, it may be over a specific area or the entire body.
Application of Ayurvedic Herbal Oils
The table’s unique design allows for treatments with an abundance of Ayurvedic herbal oil to be performed. Over time these oils become absorbed by the table, and thus the table itself is part of the healing process.
- Musculoskeletal and neuromuscular pain
- Degeneration of the joints
- Pain and stiffness of the muscles and joints
- People on a detoxification program
- Reduces degeneration and improves mobility of the joints
- Increases vitality and strengthens immunity
- Aids the body’s elimination of wastes and toxins
- Stimulates the circulatory and lymphatic systems
Price for Pizhichil
$250 – 90 minutes
For more information about Pizhichil, or to see what treatment is best for you
More Ayurvedic treatments
Kashaya Dhara is an Ayurvedic decoction bath, where a constant rhythmic stream of herbalised liquid is poured and massaged over the body. A relaxing treatment, it is used to support weight loss or detoxification programs.