What is Udvartana?
In Sanskrit the word Udvartana means “to move something in an upward direction”. This refers to the upward direction of the strokes used during the massage. The brisk massage techniques combined with the penetrating herbs creates heat in the body to help liquify toxins, reduce fluid retention and increase circulation.
There are two types of Udvartana, and the ingredients used vary according to the condition:
Snigdha Udvartana – Ayurvedic Paste Massage
Ruksha Udvartana – Ayurvedic Powder Massage
- People on a weight loss or detoxification program
- People who are physically inactive
- Sluggish circulation and digestion
- Musculoskeletal and neuromuscular pain
- Conditions of stagnation, coldness and stiffness
- Aids the body’s elimination of wastes and toxins
- Helps with weight loss
- Stimulates the circulatory and lymphatic systems
- Exfoliates and conditions the skin and enhances skin tone.
- Increases the tone and strength of muscles
- Improves mobility of the joints and limbs
- Reduces Vata and Kapha
Price for Udvartana
More massage treatments
Kalari Marma Massage
Brisbane’s Kalari Ayurveda Centre uses the traditional Indian healing systems of Ayurveda and Kalari Chikitsa to effectively treat your aches, pains and injuries.